The gas analysis method according to DIN EN ISO 12460-3 is a quick measuring method in which the formaldehyde emissions of wood based panels are measured for four hours at 60 °C. The formaldehyde emission is indicated in mg/m²h and refers to the unsealed total surface of the test samples (400 mm x 50 mm). The edges of the samples are sealed prior to testing.
- Formaldehyde emission analysis according to DIN EN ISO 12460-3 in only a few hours
- Approved as alternative test method by the California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- Simultaneous measurement of two samples
- Process and quality control
- Data export via USB interface
- Immediate measuring start by programmable heating
- Quality control by participation in LabCheck round robin tests
The filtered and pre-dried airflow in the measuring chamber is 60 l/h. The air with the formaldehyde emitted by the test sample is fed from the measuring chamber into a pair of eight wash bottles with water in which the formaldehyde is filtered for a time period of one hour each. Afterwards, the formaldehyde content is spectrophotometrically determined by means of the acetylacetone method.