Your Benefit by using the GreCon BWS 5000
- Stable and constant material flow even in case of a variable wood mixture = material saving, homogenisation of the longitudinal profile
- No additional forming belt scale required
- Non-contact measurement without any impact on the measuring value quality caused by rough surroundings
- Monitoring of the material distribution
- Calibration with homogeneous test samples ensures precise measurements
The weight per unit area scale is working in a non-contact way. The material to be measured is penetrated by x-rays. Depending on the amount of material and the specific weight of the material, the radiant intensity measured by the sensor is changed. This is the measure for the weight per unit area (kg/m² / lb/ft²). Different measurement transducers are available, depending on material structure and installation place.